- Justin Gatlin won the Men’s 100 meters final, then bowed to Usain Bolt after the race
- Bolt got displaced to the third position
- Christian Coleman came second
All-time record breaker, Usain Bolt has bid a farewell to the 2017 World Championships in Athletics after losing out in the 100m final to Justin Gatlin.
Bolt wasn’t just displaced by Gatlin but was left with only Bronze as 21-year-old Christian Coleman made it a USA one-two.
The 35-year-old Gatlin, had come from nowhere in 9.92 seconds, with Coleman’s 9.94 holding off the greatest sprinter of all time.
Despite struggling for fitness and form in his valedictory season, Bolt had still been favourite to secure his 20th global gold.
It was supposed to be Gatlin’s year in 2015, when the American went to the World Championships in Beijing on the back of a 28-race unbeaten run.
Bolt produced his great miracle to beat him that night in the Bird’s Nest, but in the stadium where he won 100m Olympic gold in 2012, he could not provide the perfect ending to a perfect career.
I'm the buzz
Latest posts by Kanmi Teslim (see all)
- Man Dumps His 4 Kids At Agege LGA With Note ‘I Can’t Feed Them Cos Of Hardship’ - August 11, 2017
- How I Was Sexually Abused As A Little Girl – Juliana Olayode - August 10, 2017
- Top 10 Premier League Transfers Of 2017/18 Season - August 9, 2017