The news just broke that former minister of aviation under Olusegun Obasanjo’s regime, Babalola Borishade has died in London after a brief illness.
Borishade who had suffered severe lung and heart disease was initially rushed to Reddington Hospital in Lagos, last week from where he was taken to London where he finally died.
An indigene of Usi- Ekiti in Ekiti state, Borishade has served as a minister for four times, between 1999-2011:
– Between February 2001 and May 2003, he served as the Minister of Education.
– In recognition of his contributions to Education in Nigeria, Africa and the World at large, Borishade was elected the Vice- Chairman of the E9 Group of the United Nations, President of the UNESCO International Conference on Education, as well as Chairman Education for All (EFA) Forum of African Ministers of Education.
– In 2004, Borishade was appointed as Minister of State, Power and Steel.
– Between July 2005 and November 2006, Borishade was Minister of Aviation, during which a Civil Aviation Bill was passed to replace the 1964 Act and the direct flight between Nigeria and the United States of America was restored.
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Davido feat. R. Kelly – IF (Remix) - June 28, 2017
- JAM! Flavour – Loose Guard ft. Phyno (Prod. By Young Jonn) - June 28, 2017
- HIP HOP! Vector x Jesse Jagz – Shook Ones (Freestyle) - June 28, 2017