The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja has denied Olisa Metuh’s application to call Col Sambo Dasuki as a witness in his defence.
The former National Security Adviser, NSA, Sambo Dasuki is currently on trial with former publicity secretary of the Peoples Democratic Party, Olisa Metuh.
Mr. Metuh is facing trial for alleged diversion of N400 million meant for the purchase of arms from the office of the former NSA.
Mr. Metuh, whose trial has since reached the defence stage, had submitted an application for the court to order the appearance of Mr. Dasuki, who is being detained by the State Security Service.
The counsel to Mr. Metuh, Onyeachi Ikpeazu, asked the court to order Mr. Dasuki’s appearance, stressing that his client needs the testimony of the former NSA who could not be reached by the defence.
“We cannot reach Colonel Sambo Dasuki. He is in the custody of the government who is also the complainant in this case. We cannot go to the DSS or EFCC or the Federal Government and ask them to give him to us. This is a man who has been granted bail by the court, but he is still being detained by the government. That is why we have, since December last year, applied to the court to issue a subpoena on him to appear. We are now compelled to come by way of motion for your Lordship to use your powers under the law to compel him to appear before you to give evidence”, said Mr. Ikpeazu, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria.
Mr. Ikpeazu further said Mr. Dasuki was required to ascertain the justice of the matter, since he is the one through whom the money was said to have been given to Mr. Metuh.
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- Fshaw, Guy Behind EFCC Twitter Handle Reveals Why He Left - July 25, 2017
- DJ Sexy Spin: From Nigeria To Kenya, Meet The Hottest Female DJ In Africa - July 25, 2017
- Destiny Boy – Omo Better - July 23, 2017