The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate for Ondo Gubernatorial poll, Rotimi Akeredolu has been declared winner by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
According to Prof. Ganiyu Ambali, INEC Returning Officer, Mr. Akeredolu defeated two major opponents, Eyitayo Jegede of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) and Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy (AD), to clinch victory.
INEC disclosed during the collation of results from 18 local government areas in the state that the victorious Mr. Akeredolu scored 244, 842 votes in the election while Mr. Oke won 126, 889 votes and Mr. Jegede 150,380 votes.
Mr. Akeredolu, a lawyer by profession, who led overall by 94,462 will take over from Governor Olusegun Mimiko who has served two terms as governor of Ondo State.
A breakdown of the votes in various local government areas is as follows:
1. ALLIANCE FOR DEMOCRACY =126, 889
2. ALL PROGRESSIVES CONGRESS =244, 842
3. PEOPLE’S DEMOCRATIC PARTY =150,380
APC won by 94,462.
Latest posts by Wole Oduwole (see all)
- UEFA Europa League Final: Ajax vs Man Utd 0 – 2 [HIGHLIGHTS DOWNLOAD] - May 24, 2017
- D’banj: Singer Is Expecting His First Child With Didi Kilgrow - May 24, 2017
- Marvis Of Big Brother Naija Looks Amazing In New Photos - May 24, 2017